Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunny Days

The peaceful soul beckoned at the first rays of the day, my room on the second floor of the building was lit by blonde rays of the rising sun, my frenzied fan was trying to give a little action to the air within, the mosquito repellent smiled like a plum mango from the corner plug, buzzing rhythm from the fan motor welcomed the heat waves leisurely to my special space, I reached my hands out to switch it off, that three winged bird complained before coming to grinding halt.

I just gazed at the flower at its centre, the soul suspended the thoughts, the slight cover of my hair on the fore head felt the sweat, those two drops were caught there; I felt the solitude, felt the vacuum, felt the pain, I shut my eyes tight. It’s the month of May here, sunny days are back here, summer days are back here.

My conscious woke up, the soul did not, I did not ask either, bed was hot, my drawing was hot, my kitchen was hot, the vessels were hot, the shower was hot inside the bath, the water was hot, it stabbed my feeble skin, soul sobbed, a realm of secret paradise in my wits where memories of experiences confessed came out with a strange feeling. I felt the solitude, felt the vacuum, felt the pain, I shut my eyes tight. It’s the month of May here, sunny days are back here, summer days are back here.

My cautiously pressed dresses were hot, my bag was hot, and my shoes too were hot, I locked the room and started to office, the sun was glowing brilliantly outside, it outshined the soul. I stepped into the train which came with waves of hot air, in that chaste flash of loneliness I realized; I see the world not as just existence, but as painted in the figure, colour, sound and character.

I coughed, a mere expression of emotion, breathe of my fellow passengers burnt me, heat happily danced around me, I yielded unconditionally. My glass covered office was hot, my dear desk was hot, my adjustable seat was hot, my dancing keys were hot, LCD screen in front sent fire and tricked me, I saw sparks of fire in all the eyes around, they burnt me, soul narrowly escaped, I felt the solitude, felt the vacuum, felt the pain, I shut my eyes tight. It’s the month of May here, sunny days are back here, summer days are back here.

Down the road traffic was thriving, bumper to bumper, every one sought to make their presence felt, not a single inch of space on the road, the lone ‘Gulmohar’ by the end of the lane silently bloomed full, the soul rested there in intense activity where sheer serenity and constant power met at the same point, it was odd though; wind from the south approved dust, approved despair, approved heat, soul was left helpless, I felt the solitude, felt the vacuum, felt the pain, I shut my eyes tight. It’s the month of May here, sunny days are back here, summer days are back here.

It’s dusk now; I could see the distant gas burner spitting fire from the chat shop where I use to have the evening chat. The ‘Pani Puri’ itself was hot, soul protested, receded; the current of sentiment that it stirred in my mind was vague, it was an impression which needed a specific world to please me, I attended to the murmur of a new temper which pledged me the right to a new region of mystery, still I felt the absence, felt the vacuum.

Back in my room, I lay flat on my bed, from where I left it in the morning my three winged bird made a full circle and fired up for further cycles, I was searching for joy, the joy without any outline, which can interpret itself into any figure, the same joy of a singer which is translated into a song, the joy whose surname is love, stimulated the singer within me and divided myself into two to have within me the other self as the hearer, and the exterior audience was just an extension of my inner soul.

Once again I stared at the flower at its hub, the sweat that struck at the forehead in the morning pulled the essence from my oily hair, dragged my pain down to my wide open eyes, my vision blurred, the wings of my bird blurred, I buried my lasting absence there, buried my unending vacuum there, buried my perpetual pains there, and tears started freely flowing out.

Yes, it’s the month of May here, sunny days are back here, summer days are back here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home